skylake video

Carsten Mattner carstenmattner at gmail.com
Thu May 12 05:29:23 PDT 2016

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 1:47 PM, Andrew Slaughter wrote:
> Using compton with backend "glx" and vsync "opengl-swc" ("sna" acceleration
> and "tearfree" enabled in the driver) reduced the tearing significantly for
> me (on both XFCE and spectrwm), although it didn't eliminate it (mainly left
> with some minor corruption of fonts in firefox). It seemed usable, though.

After testing it for a day, I can say that DRI 3 and Accel glamor don't solve
tearing and cause more tearing actually. Back to default DRI 2 and SNA.

Does anybody have an AMD gpu to report how much tearing happens there?
I'm fed up with the frequent regressions and missing QA in Intel GPUs
during the last year. It only got worse since the linux-4.3 atomic modesetting
changes.