skylake video

karu.pruun karu.pruun at gmail.com
Mon May 16 12:06:05 PDT 2016

I have to correct a mistake: I did get compton + uxa with xfce4
working tearfree on a 4k monitor. I used this conf file

http://duncanlock.net/blog/2013/06/07/how-to-switch-to-compton-for-beautiful-tear-free-compositing-in-xfce/

with the glx backend.

On a different note: I was very much impressed by wayland/weston.
Following these instructions

https://github.com/DragonFlyBSD/DeltaPorts/pull/123

one gets a teafree smooth graphical environment. No apps apart from a
terminal but looks promising. I wonder if the xwayland module would
allow run the usual xorg applications? The xwayland module did not
load; complained about the missing X11 socket.

Cheers

Peeter