Elantech Touchpad support?

Dave MacFarlane driusan at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 12:18:46 PDT 2016

Hello,

I've been meaning to try DragonflyBSD for a while, and I've finally
gotten around to figuring out how to get it to multiboot with UEFI on
my laptop (an Asus TransformerBook TP300L). The only issue I'm having
is that my trackpad is only being detected as a Generic PS/2 mouse and
doesn't seem to have any synaptics support, even after installing
xf86-input-synaptics.  Is there any support for elantech firmware v4
trackpads (as OpenBSD detects it..)? (Actually, the touchscreen also
isn't working, but that's less surprising and not much of an issue for
me..)

To get it working with UEFI, I basically followed the manual install
instructions with this caveat:
http://lists.dragonflybsd.org/pipermail/users/2016-July/270759.html

and then followed the rest of the manual install instructions in
/README, and used gpt create partitions for the other OSes I wanted
while I was at it. (The BIOS lets me hit escape and choose which one I
want at boot time..)

The only issue was that there's no fstab.example for hammer. This is
what my fstab ended up looking like in the end, for anyone trying to
follow a similar setup:

# $DragonFly: src/nrelease/root/etc/fstab.example,v 1.1 2003/12/01
21:14:03 dillon Exp $
# Example fstab based on /README.
#
# Device Mountpoint FStype Options Dump Pass#
/dev/da0s2d / hammer rw 2 0
/dev/da0s1 /boot ufs rw 1 1
/dev/da0s2b none swap sw 0 0
/pfs/var /var null rw 2 0
/pfs/tmp /tmp null rw 2 0
/pfs/usr /usr null rw 2 0
/pfs/home /home null rw 2 0
/pfs/var.crash /var/crash null rw 2 0
/pfs/usr.obj /usr/obj null rw 2 0
proc /proc procfs rw 0 0
# example MFS remount (for a pristine MFS filesystem do not use -C)
#swap /mnt mfs rw,-C,-s=4000 0 0

- Dave