"wlanmode hostap" doesn't work

Pierre Abbat phma at leaf.dragonflybsd.org
Sun Nov 22 09:36:57 PST 2015

On Saturday, November 21, 2015 11:04:57 Vasily Postnicov wrote:
> It seems, that iwn driver does not support this mode. You can get supported
> modes by following commands:
>
> ifconfig wlan0 create wlandev <your_device_here>
> ifconfig wlan0 list caps
>
> If you can see HOSTAP in the output, then your device can be used as access
> point.
> By myself, I recommend Atheros adapters. I think they are the most
> supported and feature-rich.

The computer came with the IWN adapter and an antenna and was marketed as an
access point. If the deficiency is in the driver, I'd like to help fix it.

# ifconfig wlan0 list caps
drivercaps=2581e201<STA,PMGT,TXPMGT,SHSLOT,SHPREAMBLE,MONITOR,WPA1,WPA2,WME,BGSCAN>
htcaps=5006e<CHWIDTH40,SHORTGI20,SHORTGI40>

Pierre
--
ve ka'a ro klaji la .romas. se jmaji