3.8.1 set for release on Monday 16-June-2014

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Jun 12 22:35:23 PDT 2014

    We will be releasing 3.8.1 on Monday.  It will contain:

    * Temporary csprng fixes while we work on adding a second algorithm
    * USB mouse stall fix for X
    * MXCSR fixes for X and firefox (hopefully they are now fixed).
    * Updated openssl (again)

    These changes are in the -release branch already so anyone who wants
    a jump-start can just compile up a new world/kernel and be done with it.

    The delay is so we can review a few other things in master that we might
    want to cherry-pick and to check for and clean up remaining loose ends.

    I will also use the time to look at boot0cfg and nmalloc cache coloring
    but adjustments to those might not get into 3.8.1.  boot0cfg... we might
    just have to say that it shouldn't be used.  It's a pretty bad hack.
    nmalloc... we might not have time to test the requested performance
    enhancement for the 3.8.1 roll.

					<dillon at backplane.com>