DragonflyBSD use cases

PeerCorps Trust Fund ipc at peercorpstrust.org
Sat Dec 20 04:16:57 PST 2014

Dear All,

I recently had an opportunity to listen to Justin Sherril's interview on an older episode of BSDNow series. It was quite nice to listen to discussion surrounding HAMMER and other aspects of DragonflyBSD. One of the things that I've noticed missing from the DragonflyBSD website is an example of the types of users that currently deploy the Dragonfly systems and what they are using them for. Basically use case scenarios that are real.

What I am referring to is something similar to the following for OpenBSD: http://www.openbsd.org/users.html

I think it would be very helpful to newcomers to see just what the system can be used for. Not that newcomers don't have an imagination, but that its nice to see examples of things done elsewhere.

There was also a thread about this on the FreeBSD forums: https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/who-uses-dragonfly-bsd.22274/

I don't know if the OP got his answer on that thread, but I think it would be great to hear from even those on this list what you are using your Dragonfly systems for?

Thanks!