New drm/i915 modesetting code available for testing

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at
Thu Aug 7 00:57:30 PDT 2014

I have updated the drm/i915 modesetting code to be similar to the big
rewrite Intel people did two years ago.

Among the changes, we get better video output detection, more robust
modesetting and DPMS support and most importantly, support for Haswell
Haswell is different from previous GPU generations and uses new "DDI"
interfaces to drive its video outputs.

Daniel Vetter, one of the Intel i915 developers has written a short blog
entry on this subject:

The code is available as a patch on top of the DragonFly master branch:

Or as a git branch on leaf:

Since the set of differences is massive, I'm interesting in some feedback
from people using i915 hardware before pushing this code to -master.

Francois Tigeot