New drm/i915 modesetting code available for testing

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Thu Aug 7 01:31:08 PDT 2014

On Thu, Aug 07, 2014 at 09:57:30AM +0200, Francois Tigeot wrote:

> Among the changes, we get better video output detection, more robust
> modesetting and DPMS support and most importantly, support for Haswell
> hardware.

And this part is confusing: to be crystal clear, the driver doesn't work
properly on Haswell GPUs yet.
This patch just implements required support for Haswell Digital Display
Interfaces.

More bits and pieces are required to be able to get Xorg to properly display
images on a screen with an Haswell GPU.

--
Francois Tigeot