DPorts: Libreoffice, XFce4, Xorg & Firefox

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Mon Jan 7 08:42:05 PST 2013

On Mon, Jan 07, 2013 at 04:45:55PM +0100, John Marino wrote:

> * Warning: Regenerate xorg.conf with "Xorg --configure" (or something
> like that) and replace the version at /etc/X11/.  In particular the
> fonts and modules path point to pkgsrc.

OpenSSH also tries to use pkgsrc X11 by default. People wanting to use
X11 forwarding need to change the value of XAuthLocation to
/usr/local/bin/xauth in /etc/sshd_config and/or /etc/ssh_config and restart
the openssh daemon if needed.

> ** On i386, I couldn't build FF because nss coredumped.  I have a
> backtrace.  It might be helpful to hear from other i386 users if NSS can
> generate the DSA key or dumps like it does for me.

I found a really stupid bug in NSS which could be related; unfortunately I
haven't had time to check the fix on i386 yet.

--
Francois Tigeot