DPorts: Libreoffice, XFce4, Xorg & Firefox

John Marino dragonflybsd at marino.st
Mon Jan 7 07:45:55 PST 2013

This is just a quick note about some progress François and I have made
in the last couple of days:

1) There are more than 17,000 dports now
2) Libreoffice 3.6 has been added
3) 107 Libreoffice language packs have been added, so you can have LO in
your native language
4) XFce4 4.10 has been added and works great
5) The Xorg 1.7.7 metapackage fully builds*
6) Firefox 17 added**

With the exception of Firefox, these packages are more recent versions
than found in pkgsrc (LO 3.5 en-US only, XFce4 4.6, Xorg 1.6.5).  The
latter is important for future KMS work that Xorg 1.6.5 is too old to
support.

So things are looking pretty good.  We're still working on KDE3, KDE
4.8, and Gnome 2.32.  If you run into anything strange using DPorts, be
sure to report it here:

https://github.com/jrmarino/DPorts/issues

--John

* Warning: Regenerate xorg.conf with "Xorg --configure" (or something
like that) and replace the version at /etc/X11/.  In particular the
fonts and modules path point to pkgsrc.

** On i386, I couldn't build FF because nss coredumped.  I have a
backtrace.  It might be helpful to hear from other i386 users if NSS can
generate the DSA key or dumps like it does for me.