pci id database bug?

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Tue Oct 23 00:40:06 PDT 2012

On Tue, 23 Oct 2012 09:33:50 +0200, Andrey N. Oktyabrski <ano at bestmx.ru>
wrote:

> On 10/23/2012 11:11 AM, Sascha Wildner wrote:
>>> So the first question is how to disable this hpt27xx driver in loader?
>> Does it work when you remove it from the kernel?
> Hope it will be, but I must boot up...
>
>> The message just says the driver is there, not that anything attached to
>> it, afaict.
> Hmm... I have seen something strange...
> When I go to the loader prompt and say "boot", system boot up without
> errors.
> When I try to use all other loader menu items - boot fails after
> hpt27xx... line.

Is this a verbose boot? If not, can you boot verbosely ('v' from the menu)
and see if that shows more?

Also, what's in your loader.conf. We had a similar problem recently
somehow triggered by the ale(4) module being in loader.conf, but it was
kinda fixed. Not sure yet what the real overall issue is.

Sascha