pci id database bug?

Andrey N. Oktyabrski ano at bestmx.ru
Tue Oct 23 01:06:09 PDT 2012

On 10/23/2012 11:40 AM, Sascha Wildner wrote:
>>> The message just says the driver is there, not that anything attached to
>>> it, afaict.
>> Hmm... I have seen something strange...
>> When I go to the loader prompt and say "boot", system boot up without
>> errors.
>> When I try to use all other loader menu items - boot fails after
>> hpt27xx... line.
>
> Is this a verbose boot? If not, can you boot verbosely ('v' from the
> menu) and see if that shows more?
>
> Also, what's in your loader.conf. We had a similar problem recently
> somehow triggered by the ale(4) module being in loader.conf, but it was
> kinda fixed. Not sure yet what the real overall issue is.
Can't understand what happened, but machine up and running with no
errors after some reboots :-(

I have not used boot0cfg nor even changed loader.conf

$ cat /boot/loader.conf
vfs.root.mountfrom="hammer:serno/WD-WXE808A06791.s1d"

if_ath_load="YES"
wlan_xauth_load="YES"
net.wlan.force_swcrypto=1

snd_emu10k1_load="YES"
uaudio_load="YES"

P.S. May be it is upgrade from master to more recent master problem? If
yes, you must not to do anything at all... But I have a question about
my usb sound card, as usual ;-)