Why did you choose DragonFly?

Dennis Melentyev dennis.melentyev at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 10:05:59 PDT 2010

Since the very beginning, the goals are high: async messaging, lwkt, SSI.Later came HAMMER, dma, vkernels.Waiting eagerly for recent locking changes to stablize (and to upgrade my home server)And, sure, for smooth operation on my 2.4GHz P4 with 512MB RAM (ok, it has 1.5Gig for a month or so)
SMP and SSD-related work could be of interest in production, but home-brewed server made of debris and particles...And, one of the most attractive part is a community. Patient and wise.
I've tried to start contributing to Nuno's work on netgraph, but had too little time for that. (Nuno, I still believe in you!)Would be glad to see VirtualBox running on DFBSD host with single-application WinXP in it.