Why did you choose DragonFly?

Tim Darby t+dfbsd at timdarby.net
Tue Sep 21 07:52:57 PDT 2010

I got interested in DragonFly early on because of the stated goals.  It was exciting to see a BSD project that was really trying to advance the kernel.  I started replacing more and more of my machines with DF until I had only one holdout, an OpenBSD machine for pf, and then that one got replaced too when the DragonFly's pf implementation improved.  I can't say enough about how awesome HAMMER is and vkernel too.  I also very much appreciate the people here.  For the most part, you guys are light years beyond me in UNIX knowledge, yet you take the trouble to share that knowledge.  I learn a lot just following the mailing lists.  Are you going to throw a party when the BGL is completely gone?  I'll bring the beer. :-)
Tim