installer crashes while configuring DHCP interface on AMD64 / nfe0

Ed Berger nobody at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 09:06:05 PDT 2009

Saifi Khan wrote:
The DragonflyBSD installer crashes while configuring DHCP
interface on AMD64 X2 box with nfe0 interface.
I've also had this happen with the dragonfly amd64 install CD on my
AMD64 X2 box with the nfe0 network (nvidia nforce4 chipset motherboard)
when I went to the configure this machine menu, setting in the timezone,
date&time, host name, and configure network interfaces in that order.

selecting nfe0 and "configure with DHCP" with the result that installer
crashes and doesn't properly create the entry line in /etc/rc.conf file.
I manually add

ifconfig_nfe0="DHCP"

to /etc/rc.conf so the network will configure after the reboot.