Spurious results from using cvsup?

walt wa1ter at myrealbox.com
Sun Oct 29 07:12:37 PST 2006

I discovered that using cvsup on DF-current will give some
stragely wrong results while updating my pkgsrc tree, but
no error messages of any kind.

One notable example:

 Checkout pkgsrc/misc/gnome-user-docs/DESCR
 Checkout pkgsrc/misc/gnome-user-docs/Makefile
 Checkout pkgsrc/misc/gnome-user-docs/PLIST
 Checkout pkgsrc/misc/gnome-user-docs/distinfo

The part that worries me is that the gnome-user-docs
directory is completely empty afterwards, and this is
repeatable using two different cvsup servers.  (Note
that most other directories update properly -- I have
no clue why that directory is peculiar.)

I'm wondering how many other errors may be slipping
past without any error messages to alert me.

I'm using cvsup from cvsup-bootstrap-20051229.tgz which
(IIRC) I got from Corecode's package repository.

Can anyone else confirm this result?