italian community

Gergo Szakal bastyaelvtars at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 05:31:43 PST 2006

Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
we just are no multilingual OS.  and for a big share of time, we won't
be.  and frankly, I don't see a point in that.  either you are using
unix, and you know english, or you are using a GUI (kde, gnome,
firefox), which is available in your language.  *We* do the unix side,
not the GUI side, so we stick to english.
Excuse me, but I disagree with you. In my opinion there should be
multilingual forums in order to help users with more generic questions,
like pkgsrc, X, etc. It can even be completely indepencdent of the
mailing lists. If I were the thread starting guy, I'd make the forum
anyway, saying 'not officially approved'.
It would have the clear benefit of getting some more audience for this OS.
Moreover, they are not asking any approval, participation, just
announcing a plan. I cannot see the reason for your frustration.