italian community

Oliver Fromme check+j9hm2h00rss0976t at fromme.com
Wed Nov 29 05:46:49 PST 2006

Petr Janda wrote:
 > What is being proposed is a discussion forum, something like bsdforums
 > just much simpler and with search engine and only DragonFly specific,
 > which would allow to have english, italian, german, spanish, etc,
 > communities _without_ having to post to a mailing list, just by
 > registering.

How is that different from accessing nntp.dragonflybsd.org
with your favourite news client (any web browser should do)?
If you want language-specific communities, the Matt simply
has to create appropriate groups.  (But I think that the
userbase isn't large enough yet to justify that.)

(OK, NNTP doesn't provide a search engine, but it should be
fairly easy to install one that searches the list archives.
Or use Google.)

Best regards
   Oliver