italian community

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Nov 28 13:43:57 PST 2006

:I once offered the DragonFly community that I would build and host on my
:server a discussion forum. Considering the success of the Gentoo forums,
:which is by miles the best community of Linux/Unix people to discuss the
:OS and other things in effort to allow people easy entry into the
:community but Ive met resistance from some people here. The great part
:about it would be that people speaking different languages could build a
:community on their own, like italian, german etc.
:
: I think creating a kind of a DragonFly "cult" of people that swear by
:the OS would be a great promotion thing and that is certainly something
:we need, the users and the devs.
:
:If those people that resisted this idea have perhaps eased their opinion
:about it, i can still go and make the DragonFly forum.
:
:Petr

    Well, I'm not sure what is being proposed here.  We have our mailing
    lists.  I suppose someone could make a web interface for them using
    the NNTP backend (if the news interface isn't sufficient).  But I
    don't want to make the mailing lists themselves browser-centric.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>