KDE problems

Thomas Schlesinger schlesinger at netcologne.de
Tue Aug 29 10:59:07 PDT 2006

Am Dienstag, 29. August 2006 19:01 schrieb Petr Janda:
> Unfortunately, this didnt help. I created a new user, but control center
> and menu editor still dont work. I even deleted whole /usr/pkg and
> started from scratch a few days ago. Its getting quite frustrating. Is
> there anyway to find out whats actually happening when I click on those
> 2 icons?

Another shot in the dark: could it depend on the version of DFly you use
(especially, if KDE was compiled on a newer version than that, it runs on)?
I'm running KDE 3,5,4 on 1.7.0-DEVELOPMENT.

It if *really* gots on your nerves, you could try to build it from source
(bmake install) and see, if it makes a difference (qt3, arts, kdelibs,
kdebase).

May be somebody could help you on the IRC channel #kde, if it turns out, it's
not a DFly-specific problem. There are KDE developer present, too.

Thomas