HEADS UP! DEVELOPMENT (that is, the CVS HEAD) may become unstable for a while!

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Apr 8 22:09:39 PDT 2005

    This is a warning.  In the next few weeks a lot of stuff is going to
    start to happen in HEAD which could destabilize it a bit.  People
    who don't want to take risks but wish to remain on the main development
    branch instead of the release branch should use the PREVIEW tag (which
    is what the old STABLE tag was).

    Sample cvsup files updated for the new tagging scheme are available in
    the download section of our main site.

	http://www.dragonflybsd.org/main/download.cgi

    A number of people have pending work.  Jeffrey Hsu has been working on
    a major route table handling update.   There will be a bunch of threading
    work and of course the big libc-bump work, and other things.

    --

    My own TODO list begins with a big buffer cache RED-BLACK tree patch
    which will probably go in over the weekend.  This patch will also

    Then, either during or after USENIX I will be redoing the write_behind
    heuristic (as in removing it entirely) and instead implement the
    functionality as part of either the bufdaemon or the pagedaemon or both.

    After USENIX I will start to work on SMP performance issues, VFS
    threading, and the BGL (Big Giant Lock), amoung other things.  And
    finishing up the journaling.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>