HEADS UP! DEVELOPMENT (that is, the CVS HEAD) may become unstable for a while!

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sat Apr 9 13:11:43 PDT 2005

:Very interesting.
:
:I know this has likely been discussed a lot in the past, but I'm just
:wondering when the packaging situation is going to be dealt with?  And if
:there are still intentions of packaging up individual parts of the OS
:itself (like linux)?
:
:Was pkgsrc going to be adopted and modified, or are there other plans?

    I haven't put my foot down and made a decision but right now there
    are several people doing significant work on pkgsrc.  It could very well
    be the best way to go, even if we wind up having to enchance its
    functionality significantly in areas to meet our own operability
    goals.   It seems to have the best collaboration amoung the BSDs not
    counting the FreeBSD ports system.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>