firewalls

Mark Cullen mark.cullen at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Oct 21 06:05:57 PDT 2004

M. Schatzl wrote:
Oh! I think it's installed as a port in FreeBSD isn't it? Will I have to
install it as a port on DragonFly too? I couldn't find a pf man page so
I assume so?

Yes, pf is a port in FreeBSD 5.*. But DragonFly has it it base. Look
out for

pfctl(5)
pf.conf(8)
pf.os(8)
pflogd(8)
By now, it's not a bad idea to run mergemaster (after a make
build-/installworld) for getting the new groups introduced with pf
into your /etc/group. For anything else, see /usr/src/UPDATE.

/Markus
I did a `man -k pf` before you mentioned those and I didn't see anything
like pfctl and such. I'm not at home to check now (and I forgot to open
SSH on the firewall, oops) but thanks. I know where to look now. I
believe that maybe it isn't included in the ISO snapshot I have, as I
remember running in to the pf group mergemaster problem when I was
updating my laptop, installed from the same CD.