ASCII art boot menu is slow?

justin at shiningsilence.com justin at shiningsilence.com
Wed Oct 20 19:54:26 PDT 2004

> I'm going to install it on a spare machine and see if I can set it up
> how my home server is running now. Another quickie (this one does matter
>  somewhat though) .. it seems you're using IPFW2, is the plan to keep
> this around or are you going to be 'migrating' to pf or something? I
> like IPFW2 :)

Reading back now, that's -V, not -v, for video-only boot.  There's
probably a way to put it in a file in /boot/ to get that behavior
full-time.

pf has been added in:
http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/kernel/2004-09/msg00212.html -
there's another associated component that's not done yet, but I've been
out of the loop, so I don't know the status.