malloc changes

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Feb 2 11:16:40 PST 2006

:OpenBSD has alot of useful changes to its malloc.c so I decided to
:pull over a bunch of that.
:
:fetch http://www.uberstyle.net/malloc.patch
:
:patch includes:
:guard pages and chunk randomization
:free page protection
:malloc stats(dump)
:pointer guard
:no longer uses brk/sbrk
:updated man page
:
:affects the following files:
:lib/libc/stdlib/malloc.c
:lib/libc/stdlib/malloc.3
:lib/libc/gen/err.c
:
:in err.c i had to weak symbol warn.  if you dont do that after you
:compile and install the patched libc it will fail make buildworld in
:lex.
:
:-Kevin

    That's a pretty significant patch, how long did it take you to
    integrate the work?

    The patch looks ok to my quick perusal.  I would like to get some
    testing by other users, in particular with GUI programs like mozilla.
    If that works out ok we can commit it.