Script to convert wiki FAQ to www.dragonflybsd.org FAQ

Max Okumoto okumoto at ucsd.edu
Sat Jan 15 00:39:38 PST 2005

Justin C. Sherrill wrote:
I'm not sure how I feel about having dynamic content on the
dragonflybsd.org website that is pulled from a remote site.  Why not
just place a Link to the dragonflybsd.org page ?
There is a link there, but people would tend to look at the
official site FAQ when they start off.
The goal here - and Max/Sascha can correct me on this - is to shorten the
path/time between thinking about information, and having that information
published.  The wiki FAQ is diligiently updated, but it's harder to
encounter than the dragonflybsd.org one.
Diligiently updated would be a bit strong.  But there are some changes
that have been added recently.
				Max

This gives some of the speed and "low entry cost" advantages of using a
wiki, without having to directly use one.  In this case, the wiki serves
as a sort of staging ground.  I think it's a spiffy idea, and much more
complete than my initial "howzabout a wiki?" thought.