Script to convert wiki FAQ to www.dragonflybsd.org FAQ

Max Okumoto okumoto at ucsd.edu
Sat Jan 15 00:28:16 PST 2005

Max Okumoto wrote:
Matthew Dillon wrote:

:Any comments?  This script would be invoked via cron.
:And would be used to keep the website and the FAQ
:sync'ed.
:
:TODO: add versioning so we can keep track of the changes
:       we are importing and send diffs to submit mailing list.
:
:Note: Some of this could be done in the wiki, but thats
:       another project. :-)  Anyone know how to program in php?
:                Max Okumoto
    Looks good.  I need FAQ.header and FAQ.footer.  Once I get those
    I will make a few other modifications and commit it all into the
    site source, then set up the cron job.
FAQ.header was just the top FAQ.cgi.  FAQ.footer is empty since,
you didn't have anything there.
Here is a update to the script.  It now fixes relative links that
might be contained in the Wiki FAQ.  For people worried about content
we can send diffs between the current FAQ and the new faq to a watchers
list.  If someone sees a problem we can reject the change. (and correct
the wiki).
					Max

#!/bin/sh

fetch http://www.sitetronics.com/dfwiki/index.php/DragonFly_FAQ

cp FAQ.header FAQ.cgi.new

#
# 1. Extract content section from downloaded page.
# 2. Delete table of contents section.
# 3. Remove URLs to edit links.
# 4. Convert <h1> tags to bold.
# 5. Fix relitive references.
# 6. Remove footer at bottom of page.
#
cat DragonFly_FAQ | sed \
        -e '1,/<!-- start content -->/d' \
        -e '/<!-- end content -->/,$d' \
	-e '/<table border="0" id="toc">/,/<\/table>/d' \
	-e 's,^<div class="editsection" style="float:right;margin-left:5px;">.*<\/div>,,' \
	-e 's/<h1>/<b>/g' \
	-e 's,a href="/dfwiki/index\.php/,a href="http://www.sitetronics.com/dfwiki/index.php/,g' \
	-e '/<\/p><div class="printfooter">/,/<\/dvi>/d' \
	>> FAQ.cgi.new
echo '</p>' >> FAQ.cgi.new

cat FAQ.footer >> FAQ.cgi.new

chmod +x FAQ.cgi.new