Script to convert wiki FAQ to www.dragonflybsd.org FAQ

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Fri Jan 14 21:02:24 PST 2005

> I'm not sure how I feel about having dynamic content on the
> dragonflybsd.org website that is pulled from a remote site.  Why not
> just place a Link to the dragonflybsd.org page ?

The goal here - and Max/Sascha can correct me on this - is to shorten the
path/time between thinking about information, and having that information
published.  The wiki FAQ is diligiently updated, but it's harder to
encounter than the dragonflybsd.org one.

This gives some of the speed and "low entry cost" advantages of using a
wiki, without having to directly use one.  In this case, the wiki serves
as a sort of staging ground.  I think it's a spiffy idea, and much more
complete than my initial "howzabout a wiki?" thought.