ksh in base?

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Mon Feb 14 02:34:30 PST 2005

On 14.02.2005, at 10:20, Eirik Nygaard wrote:
A further suggestion for bloating base :-)
I think we should hold off the discussion about new software to put in
base
until we decide on which package system we are going to use. It would
be better
to put some of these (and other software packages we have in base) out
of base
and include them in the release builds as pure packages. This way you
can decide
yourself if you want the package or not.
I don't think so. We can start the discussion again as soon as we have
the possibility to package the base or to supply additional packages.
Before that I'd just decide if putting $software in base is okay or
not.

my vote is against another shell.

cheers
  simon