CPUTYPE for gcc3

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Jan 29 16:32:58 PST 2004

:Well, that was just a work around for buildworld, but I noticed
:that I made a typo in my previous mail; that was actually Makefile.inc,
:rather than Makefile. Sorry for the confusion. The patch on my web
:server hasn't been changed since then, and is doing what I wanted to do.
:
:$ cd /usr/src
:$ echo '.include <bsd.cpu.mk>' >> gnu/lib/gcc2/Makefile.inc
:$ __MAKE_CONF=/dev/null CCVER=gcc3 CPUTYPE=p4 make buildworld
:
:when I wrote that patch, this at least compiled before it stopped
:at building libc_r. I haven't tested to see if it worked for going
:into each subdirectory and build it.
:
:Regards.

    This is essentially what I am going to be doing in bsd.init.mk.  It will
    detect that CCVER has been changed (e.g. by Makefile.inc), and it will
    re-run <bsd.cpu.mk>.  Very simple in concept.

    However, there are some other things that I also have to fix... the
    .makeenv directive does not exist in 4.x (or 5.x)... it's a DFly
    directive, so I also have to modify /usr/src/Makefile.inc1 to supply the
    correct CCVER environment when building the gcc2 and gcc3 startup
    libraries.  That's what is holding up my commit... I need to test
    a bootstrap buildworld from 4.x, a buildworld from an older DFly,
    a buildworld from a DFly with updated .mk files, and a buildworld with
    CCVER and CPUTYPE overrides, and each time I make a change I have to
    rerun the tests which take a total of 40 minutes to run on three test
    boxes.