CPUTYPE for gcc3

YONETANI Tomokazu qhwt+dragonfly-submit at les.ath.cx
Thu Jan 29 16:09:13 PST 2004

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 08:58:39PM +0100, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 09:37:33PM +0900, YONETANI Tomokazu wrote:
> > - include bsd.cpu.mk from gnu/lib/gcc2/Makefile so that CPUTYPE
> >   is re-evaluated after setting CCVER=gcc2.
>
> Matt has reverted my changes that tried to fix this,
> mostly because those were evil. We are currently discussing how to
> fix this. The problem is that including bsd.cpu.mk does _not_ work.
> ATM don't try to buildworld with CPUTYPE > pentiumpro, it will break
> in when compiling the gcc2 libraries since gcc2 doesn't like the
> flags. CPUTYPE is re-evaluated if you include bsd.cpu.mk, but the old
> flags (when CCVER was gcc3) are still in place.

Well, that was just a work around for buildworld, but I noticed
that I made a typo in my previous mail; that was actually Makefile.inc,
rather than Makefile. Sorry for the confusion. The patch on my web
server hasn't been changed since then, and is doing what I wanted to do.

$ cd /usr/src
$ echo '.include <bsd.cpu.mk>' >> gnu/lib/gcc2/Makefile.inc
$ __MAKE_CONF=/dev/null CCVER=gcc3 CPUTYPE=p4 make buildworld

when I wrote that patch, this at least compiled before it stopped
at building libc_r. I haven't tested to see if it worked for going
into each subdirectory and build it.

Regards.