diff - GNU og BSD ?

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai asmodai at wxs.nl
Wed Feb 18 01:11:02 PST 2004

-On [20040217 22:42], Jeremy Messenger (mezz7 at xxxxxxx) wrote:
>Well, if the GNU diff is faster, has more features and etc than OpenBSD
>diff then I don't see any good reason with between BSD vs GPL license.

The speed can always be worked upon.  It all has to do with algorithms
and state machines.  Which is exactly my avenue.
A lot of the wait was on Henry Spencer's new release of his regexp
handling stuff.  I'll time this out, after having tried to contact him
on numerous occasions.  I'll add some of this stuff to the TenDRA
Project to work on.

Features aren't necessarily a good thing.  Remember the GNU camp
actually has options for true (--help and --version)!

Same thing for size sorting in ls, just use a | to sort.

>Since, GPL license can be part of base as long it doesn't connect with the
>kernel by default.

I love to stay away from viral licenses where I can.

PGP fingerprint: 2D92 980E 45FE 2C28 9DB7  9D88 97E6 839B 2EAC 625B
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://diary.in-nomine.org/
Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth...