twa driver and 3ware 9650SE Raid adapter

Damian Lubosch dl at xiqit.de
Thu Jul 22 07:42:58 PDT 2010

Hello!

I am trying to install Dragonfly BSD 2.6.3 on a server with a 3ware 9650SE 2-port S-ATA2 RAID adapter but the installer does not recognize the RAID array.

On the boot prompt I tried to "load twe" as well as "load twa" as well as both, but in all cases the installer is not able to detect a suitable harddrive device and aborts the installation..

I have another, older Dragonfly 2.0 system running on an older version of the 3ware adapter 7000/8000 series with the twed driver, and because shinigsilence.com reported the 9500 series to work on Dragonfly BSD and because freebsd supports this adapter as well I hoped that it will work in 2.6.3 as well.

Could somebody take a look why it does not work? If you need any kind of information, do not hesitate to ask! I will try to provide any kind of information that will help to make the controller work :-)

Thank you
Damian