kernel work week of 3-Feb-2010 HEADS UP

Magnus Eriksson magetoo at fastmail.fm
Thu Feb 4 18:47:50 PST 2010

On Thu, 4 Feb 2010, Matthew Dillon wrote:

   I have to say though that I am a bit on fence.  I don't like the
   idea of the filesystem becoming non-operational if you pull the
   SSD, which is what would happen.
Is the concern that people would be more inclined to remove an SSD than a
regular drive by mistake, or that splitting off the log could lead to an
"oops, I forgot that the log was separate" situation when changing out
drives?  Or something else?

It seems like an odd thing to worry about, to be honest.  If you can't
trust users not to start removing important components from their
systems...

MAgnus