Source Control system results and discussion

Dave Hayes dave at jetcafe.org
Tue Oct 28 11:14:21 PDT 2008

Jeffrey Hsu <hsu at dragonflybsd.org> writes:
> People who have already learned git and are used to its eccentricities
> can continue to use it.  New contributers who have yet to learn either
> can pick whichever one is easier to learn, more uniform, and easier to
> use.  The problem we're trying to avoid at all costs is to force new
> committers to learn the counter-intuitive and poorly documented git command set.
> That's what would really increase our new committer mentoring load.

I agree that would be bad. Still, I'm curious, and in no way is this
meant to imply support for one SCM over another (I have to learn
whichever is chosen, FWIW).

Why not spend effort to document the git command set to solve this
particular issue?
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave at jetcafe.org

You need not wonder whether you should have an unreliable
person as a friend.

An unreliable person is nobody's friend.