Source Control system results and discussion

Gergo Szakal bastyaelvtars at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 11:41:19 PDT 2008

(Posted in reply to a wrong topic, sorry. So again:)

I have a practical question. For initial pulls and tree updates which
one has a better performance? I think that one should be preferred,
lemme explain.
The VCS of DF (whatever it is/will be) will also serve the purpose of
providing updates to the OS. I wanted to vote for monotone but it is
really slow when it comes to initial pulling and that's crucial for a
project providing source-only updates (so I decided not to vote at all).

With performance, I mean load on network server, network traffic and
probably speed (the latest is not that important).

--
Gergo Szakal MD <bastyaelvtars at gmail.com>
University Of Szeged, HU

/* Please do not CC me with replies, thank you. */