Interrupt routing and friends ...

Michael Neumann mneumann at ntecs.de
Tue Nov 4 08:38:33 PST 2008

Petr Janda schrieb:
On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 00:01:00 Hasso Tepper wrote:
But the question I wanted to ask ... I know several persons who agreed to
participate in setting up a bounty (including me) to bring modern
interrupt routing into DragonFly, but my impression so far is that
regardless of existance (or amount ;) of bounty there is no person
willing to take this task. Am I correct or ... ?
This really needs to be solved, so, please speak up if you have something
constructive to say :).
Id also be willing to contribute money-wise(not a whole lot but I could surely
scrape up some dollars) along with other people. In my opinion the goal for
2.2 should be 1) Modern interrupt routing 2) Modern APIC so that our SMP
implementation simply works on the new hardware..Ive got a laptop that simply
will not boot on an SMP kernel because our implementation doesn't read the
ACPI apic table which is required for the laptop as the BIOS wont tell.
I'd throw in some money as well ($100) for one of the two tasks, as I
can't use the centrino dual-core on my laptop (and sound doesn't work on
this other AMD box I have due to interrupt storms). I'd prefer to have
AMD64 working (with modern interrupt routing) of course.

Regards,

  Michael