2.0 BRANCH FREEZE - TODAY IS THE LAST DAY FOR COMMITS TO 2.0!

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Sat Jul 19 08:45:31 PDT 2008

On Sat, July 19, 2008 10:32 am, Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
> Matthew Dillon wrote:
>>     The release will be officially announced on Sunday!
>
> I think we should hold off the release until packages are built and have
> propagated to all mirrors.  This might take several days, though.
> Packages are large and connectivity is low.

Only two of the package mirrors have even started to update, so it's going
to be a few days until the new build updates, and then more days until all
the files are copied out.

pkgbox has a full set of packages - a good chunk of them are built on
1.13, so there will be a warning at install, but that's it.  Building from
source (which I think is somewhat more common with pkgsrc) is already an
option in any case.  I don't think there's a need to wait.