SoC Project Proposal- Anticipatory Disk I/O scheduler

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Sun Apr 13 13:43:37 PDT 2008

Nirmal Thacker wrote:
I have not heard from the mentors of the Disk I/O scheduling project
for the Summer of Code.
Since this is the interim period before the proposals get selected,
I'd like to know if my proposal falls short in any way and if any
changes are required.
We're still evaluating all proposals.  I realize you put a lot of work
into your proposal and you are eager to get the job.  Don't worry, the
proposal is extensive enough :)

Right now we're settling on mentor assignments and the ordering of
projects.  Further, there has been another proposal for the anticipatory
disk scheduler, so we're comparing both applications.

cheers (relax! :)
  simon