panic: kthread_create called too soon

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Dec 8 00:26:00 PST 2005

:<Snip/>
:>     Ok, you're debugging the entire SMB subsystem for me...
:
:Cool!  I'm glad we're doing this now, rather than *after* 1.4 is released.
:
:<Snip/>
:>     I've committed a fix.  Please update and test again!
:<Snip/>
:
:Ok, we get better results now, I can mount!  However, when I issue 'ls /mnt/
:livingroom/' the system hangs (i.e. becomes unresponsive).  For example, my SSH
:connection timed out as did subsequent ones. I went to the console and hit the
:Lock keys a few times, and the LEDs did toggle.  However, no other key strokes
:are echoed to the console.  Eventually the key buffer fills, and a solid beep
:is heard.  At this point I dropped to the debugger by pressing Ctrl-Alt-ESC.
:This worked so I called `panic`.  The beep finally stopped when the machine
:power cycled.
:
:Files (*.1) are in the default place:
:
:http://www.labthug.com/DragonFly/PanicsAndDumps/
:
:Thanks,
:
:Adrian

    I'm still working on this one.    I'll get a test rig set up with my
    windoz gaming box to work out the remaining bugs.