panic: kthread_create called too soon

Adrian M. Nida nida at musc.edu
Tue Dec 6 20:29:29 PST 2005

<Snip/>
>     Ok, you're debugging the entire SMB subsystem for me...

Cool!  I'm glad we're doing this now, rather than *after* 1.4 is released.

<Snip/>
>     I've committed a fix.  Please update and test again!
<Snip/>

Ok, we get better results now, I can mount!  However, when I issue 'ls /mnt/
livingroom/' the system hangs (i.e. becomes unresponsive).  For example, my SSH
connection timed out as did subsequent ones. I went to the console and hit the
Lock keys a few times, and the LEDs did toggle.  However, no other key strokes
are echoed to the console.  Eventually the key buffer fills, and a solid beep
is heard.  At this point I dropped to the debugger by pressing Ctrl-Alt-ESC.
This worked so I called `panic`.  The beep finally stopped when the machine
power cycled.

Files (*.1) are in the default place:

http://www.labthug.com/DragonFly/PanicsAndDumps/

Thanks,