panic: kthread_create called too soon

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Dec 5 20:07:44 PST 2005

:Quoting Matthew Dillon <dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
:>     I've committed a fix to the SMB module startup problem.  Please try
:>     again with the latest HEAD.
:<Snip/>
:
:Ok, we're getting further.  It now hangs on the password prompt for about a
:minute and then panics with:
:
:"td_pri is/would-go negative! 0xc133c300 -22"
:
:Now that I'm successfully generating cores, you can grab the latest (*.0) from:
:
:http://www.labthug.com/DragonFly/PanicsAndDumps/
:
:2005-12-05.jpg is a digicam pic of the backtrace as it appeared on the screen.
:The backtrace below is generated from the gdb program.  However, it doesn't
:seem to be as complete as the one in the picture, ideas?  I'm running GENERIC.
:
:Also, I want to thank the people that turned on my lights about generating
:these things.  I'll be an uber UNIX hacker yet :-)
:
:Adrian

    Ok, you're debugging the entire SMB subsystem for me... I hadn't
    converted the interlocks from tokens to spinlocks.

    I've committed a fix.  Please update and test again!