Problems with -Preview and natd

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Aug 24 21:44:16 PDT 2005

:Jon Hamilton <hamilton at xxxxxxxxx>, said on Wed Aug 24, 2005 [09:35:36 PM]:
:} I updated to -Preview this afternoon (about 4PM West Coast time) on one of my machines, and
:} have been suffering some heartburn since.  Upon reboot, I wound up in the debugger with
:} ip_output: no HDR which I traced to a bug (and patch) mentioned at
:} http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/bugs/2005-05/msg00041.html .  I applied that patch,
:} but still no luck - now getting fatal trap 12's.
:
:As most of you no doubt realize, I seem to have misunderstood the nomenclature of the
:branches/tags.  I went and got DragonFly_RELEASE_1_2_Slip and have an experience much
:closer to what I expected.  Sorry about the noise.
:
:--
:
:   Jon Hamilton
:   hamilton at xxxxxxxxx

    Preview is relaly old at this point.  We are going to slip the preview
    tag as soon as HEAD gets the last of the ABI changes.  If you want
    a stable platform then the release tag, as you indicated above, should
    be a lot better.

    HEAD itself is in really good shape right now but it will still cause
    people pain due to the ABI work that is going on.  Normally we don't
    let Preview languish for such a long period of time, it's just bad
    timing this month :-(.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>