Keycodes and Console

Michael Neumann mneumann at ntecs.de
Sat Sep 11 08:20:59 PDT 2004

Hi,

This is not a DragonFly specific question...

One key of the keyboard of my laptop has a "wrong" scancode. The
less/greater key has 109 as keycode instead of 94. I'm using "xev" to
display the scancode.

I can fix this under X11 by modifying the relevant file
in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/keycodes. But this does not affect the console
(that's ugly... try a shell without < > and |).

Does anybody know how I can fix this?

I know of kbdcontrol and the keymap files in /usr/share/syscons/keymaps/ but
simply adding a "109" line does not work. I'm not sure what else is
implied. Is there a utility like "xev" that works on the console?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

  Michael