Keycodes and Console

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Sat Sep 11 08:57:54 PDT 2004

Michael Neumann wrote:

Does anybody know how I can fix this?

I know of kbdcontrol and the keymap files in /usr/share/syscons/keymaps/ but
simply adding a "109" line does not work. I'm not sure what else is
implied. Is there a utility like "xev" that works on the console?
Michael,

try adding a 109 line again to your keymap file in
/usr/share/syscons/keymaps and add the following lines to your kernel
config:

options		ATKBD_DFLT_KEYMAP
makeoptions	ATKBD_DFLT_KEYMAP="german.cp850"
Then recompile and install kernel.

You have to replace the 'german.cp850' with the name of the keymap
you've changed (without '.kbd'). I haven't tried it since I have no
109th key but from what I found in the source, this seems to be the
procedure.

Regards,
Sascha
P.S.: Could you please not put a 'Followup-To:' header in your messages
since others might also have this problem.

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx