New debug kernel installation mechanism committed to HEAD

Hidetoshi Shimokawa simokawa at FreeBSD.org
Mon Oct 25 16:37:35 PDT 2004

At Mon, 25 Oct 2004 11:19:23 +0200,
Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> I can confirm that remote debugging over firewire is an excellent way
> to go.  It's the only way I use any more.  I'll be talking about that
> on Friday, too, and maybe demonstrating it.
>
> Greg

Please demonstrate loader(8) with dcons(4) too ;-)
You can find firewire/dcons-supported loader(8) binary at:

http://people.freebsd.org/~simokawa/firewire/loader/loader.fw-20041023

It should work well with latest FreeBSD-current and DragonFly BSD.
(Now, you can 'boot -d')

/\ Hidetoshi Shimokawa
\/  simokawa at xxxxxxxxxxx