New debug kernel installation mechanism committed to HEAD

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Oct 21 11:32:46 PDT 2004

:
:-On [20041021 09:32], Matthew Dillon (dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
:>    Theoretically that should work but I've never tried it.  It would be
:>    nice if it could be automated.  I do not know if the FreeBSD guys have
:>    made any progress integrating modules into the debugger.
:
:Check Greg's various gdb setup files:
:
:/usr/src/sys/dev/raid/vinum/.gdbinit*
:
:--
:Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(at)wxs.nl> / asmodai / kita no mono

    That's a good start, though it needs to be generalized to locate all
    external modules and load up their symbol tables.  But Greg's script
    has the meat of what we need ... extracting the properly address out
    for the add-symbol-file line.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>