New debug kernel installation mechanism committed to HEAD

walt wa1ter at myrealbox.com
Thu Oct 21 09:35:59 PDT 2004

Matthew Dillon wrote:
:Heh, that would include moi, but I confess I don't really know what
:would constitute a successful 'test'.  What end-point are you looking
:for?

    I think it's mostly a matter of things working just like they did
    before, except now /kernel happens to have convenient debug info in
    it.
Okay, my new /kernel is kernel.debug, and the new modules have the debug
symbols but the modules.old/* do not.
As I understand it, this is all correct per the new default -- so my
test was successful.