Same ad0 timeout with new ISO

Hiten Pandya hmp at backplane.com
Tue May 4 01:30:28 PDT 2004

Jonathon McKitrick wrote:

I was hoping the new ISO might have fixed the ad0 timeout issue I had.  I
was doing well until near the end of cvsupping the sources, when the timeout
occurred again.
I tried the F-key that turned my power setting down, and got a page fault.
That might not be the fault of dfly, but as it is, I couldn't do any more
testing.
	Jonathan, don't think I have been ignoring the personal mail
	you sent to me in the last few weeks; it is just that the
	problem is hard to reproduce.
	I am doing a lot of searching around, and FreeBSD is not totally
	immune from this problem.  The solution to this problem has been
	different for many people; e.g. for some it happens because of
	weird combinations in the kernel config, while others are just
	hardware problems.
	Could you please check this thread:
	http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/htdig/freebsd-stable/2003-December/thread.html#5363
	Regards,