Same ad0 timeout with new ISO

Hiten Pandya hmp at backplane.com
Tue May 4 01:43:49 PDT 2004

Matthew Dillon wrote:

:I thought the same thing, until I bought another off ebay and reinstalled
:FBSD on the drive in question without a hitch.  It's a laptop, so no loose
:cables or such.
:
:jm
    Yah, I'm fairly sure it isn't your hard drive.  Our best bet at fixing
    it is going to be if Hiten can reliably reproduce the timeout issue
    under VMWare-4 that he reported in early March when this first came up.
    That's a smoking gun.  The question, though, is what is causing it?
	Here's a guess... it might be interesting to see what happens if
	we increase the DELAY() & timeout in ata_lowlevel.c::ata_wait()?
		-Hiten
		hmp at xxxxxxxxxxxxx